Seaweed used: Atlantic Wakame
What You will need:
- Wild Irish Sea Veg Wakame , about 15cm (6 inch) piece rinsed, snipped finely and soaked overnight in just enough water to cover, or 6–8g (¼oz) dried and ground.
- 1 banana chilled or peeled, chopped and frozen overnight, or 2 chilled pears
- ¼ pineapple, including core, chopped
- 300 ml ( ½ pint) cold water
- 6 large green leaves, well washed
- A little local honey or agave to sweeten if needed
To prepare the smoothie:
- Put everything, including the soak water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- It is important to vary the ingredients in the recipe, choosing small amounts from a wide variety.
Research has shown that seaweeds have an apoptotic effect on cancer cells. This means that they cause cancer cells to die while otherwise protecting normal healthy cells.