Overview of Kelp Benefits:
- Excellent source of vitamins and minerals: Kelp has been shown to contain 46 minerals, 16 amino acids (the building blocks of protein) and 11 different vitamins. Prominent among the minerals are iodine, salt, iron, potassium, phosphorus and calcium. The lead vitamins in kelp are vitamin A and niacin.
- Helps in Thyroid Gland Regulation: Due to Kelps high levels of natural iodine, it is essential in regulating our thyroid hormones and therefore our metabolism and energy levels.
- Kelp helps in hydration: This may be particularly important to note when you have been ill or exposed to too much heat and sun. Make a soup or broth with kelp and rehydrate quickly.
- Assists in Weight Management and Weight Loss: Due to kelp’s iodine content and its role in thyroid function, one of kelps benefits is improving metabolism and energy. An iodine deficiency can slow your metabolic function by as much at 50 percent, so including kelp can naturally and significantly improve weight loss and other associated health problems.
- Improves body pH: Kelp is an alkaline food and therefore an essential part of maintaining acid base balance in the body and an effective component in a healthy acid-alkaline diet.