Looking to try add seaweed at meal times? Check out our recipes for Kelp Chicken stir fry!
A year round family favorite that can be changed up in so many ways by adding different vegetables, spices, rices and quinoa.
We picked kelp for our stir fry because they are lighter seaweeds. They are also full of calcium and iron so great for growing children!
Here is what you will need:
- 5 chicken breasts chopped
- Vegetables of your choice or a stir fry mix
- Stir fry sauce or a seasoning, we tried Nandos Peri Peri sauce
- Oil for frying
- Our seaweed sprinkle Sugar Kelp Sprinkles or Kombu Kelp
- Rice or fluffy Quinoa
- Seeds and Nuts, we added cashew nuts to our stir fry
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
Step by Step guide:
- Start by frying your chicken in a pan with some oil also cooking your rice or Quinoa
- Once your chicken has started to cook through add your seasoning or sauce
- Then, add your sprinkle of kelp making sure to keep stirring
- Next add your chopped vegetables, seeds, nuts
- Combine Chicken mixture with your rice of Quinoa in a bowl and season with some salt and pepper
- Then Enjoy your kelp chicken stir fry!